Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

A very good question!!

My best friend brought up a very good point on one of the comments she left in my blog. Why are people so angry??? I have noticed lately, especially working with the public, exactly how angry people really are. Working with the public you do notice an upswing of angry people several times a year. The beginning of spring, as people are sick of the cold and are ready to once again venture out into the world. The end of summer - this is especially true of people who have school age children, they are more than ready to send them back to school, and during the holiday's, I don't think that you all need me to explain why people are angry during the holidays. Given that this is a holiday weekend, generally this is a good time to be in the hospitality industry. For the most part people are extememly happy as they are once again able to travel and have some much deserved time to relax. However, due to the recent events at work I worked the front desk all weekend. I came home both Saturday and today just emotionally drained. I got my butt chewed on all weekend!! Everyone seemed as though they had an axe to grind and I was their target. Being a manager you expect the occasional chew out session from a guest, but hey back off a little people. I am a reasonable person and I understand what it takes to provide great customer service, but I cannot do anything about the decor of the room, and I also did not know that you are allergic to feather pillows, especially when your reservation states that you want feather pillows. Do you ever just feel as though people are bitching just to bitch. I know that it is not personal, but sometimes it feels like it. Take for instance last night we had a guest who got married and decided to use our hotel as their own personal wedding reception at 3am. They threw a cranberry vodka bottle off of their balcony at my Night Auditor and then demanded that their room be free because they clogged up the toilet, and in all of our physic ability we did not foresee that. She seemed very disturbed that I refused her request and stated why. She did admit that they were throwing the bottles off the 12TH FLOOR BALCONY, but still could not understand why I would not give her, her money back!! Do people just have no respect anymore. Whatever happened to the people of the world like myself, that are more than happy to step up and say. HEY WORLD I MADE A MISTAKE, I SCREWED UP, I LEARNED MY LESSON AND IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN? When did admitting your mistakes become so taboo? Now when we make a mistake we get angry at everyone else? WHY?? THIS IS SUCH A WASTE OF ENERGY!! Now I am not one of those preachy people "Everyone love one another", heck no, there are just some people I don't want to love, or even like for that matter, but I can at least commit myself to be civil. I just wish everyone else would adopt the same attitude.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    Sigh...I don't know how you do it, babe. Customer service sucks, and if that broad got in my face, I may have had to punch her in her just-married nose. But hey! I'm not angry.
    :-)

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    Sigh...I don't know how you do it, babe. Customer service sucks, and if that broad got in my face, I may have had to punch her in her just-married nose. But hey! I'm not angry.
    :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home