Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Monday, May 08, 2006

My Son's green thumb.


I have always been told that certain family traits skip a generation. My Grandma could grow anything. It seemed that as long as a plant was in her presence it would grow. I on the other hand - well not so much. I have found a few plants that I am pretty good with and I am sticking to that. Jake on the other hand has been asking for a small vegetable garden for the last couple of years. I have decided that this year he is responsible enough to try. We went out yesterday and he picked out Sweet Peppers, cayenne Peppers, Broccoli, and Sweet Cherry tomatoes. These are the plants he picked. He also planted some seeds. He chose Pumpkins and Sweet Corn. I can already see that we will be extending this garden very soon. We also planted some mint to keep the deer away and put up a small garden fence to keep out the bunnies. Already today he came home from school, did his homework, and immediately went to his garden to see if it needed some water. So far so good. As we progress I will add new posts and pictures.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home