Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Taking a page from Susan's blog.

I was reading on my best friends blog and she had seen on another's blog the question of "What is our real impression of ourselves?" I thought how profound, I think I will play along. This proved to be much harder then I thought, because as I was thinking about what my impression of myself is, I couldn't shake the "how do other people see me" feeling. It made me wonder what I thought was more important, who I really am, or who others think I really am? I have reflected and decided that I am who I am and what other think doesn't matter. Easier said then done? We shall see. Well I know you are all asking yourself what is my impression of myself? Here goes. I know I take on the world, both at home and at work. I am a self made work-a-holic. There are never enough hours in the day. I am very lucky that I have a family that understands my obsession to work. Next comes the declaration of my spiritual freedom. I searched high and low and found the right path for me. Without a doubt. The announcement of my conversion was not easy, and is still not as accepted as I would like, but I don't hide my religious beliefs and invite questions and probing of my new lifestyle. Being Wiccan or a Witch is not horrible. We have one rule and one rule only. "Harm none and do as you will", this pretty much covers everything don't you think? I do know that there are lots of things that I wish for myself. I wish I was more organized, crafty, intelligent, and a better cook. I also hope that one day all of the hard work and dedication will pay off for myself and my family and friends, and that all my literal blood, sweat, and tears, were not just a way of making a living. I hope that some but not all of my work ethics rub off on my son. He is well on his way. I hope my family and friends know that they are loved and adored, even if I am not always home on time, or I have to move "heaven and earth" to get to a friends daughters birthday party and can only stay for 1 hour. I also understand that I am a work in progress. In my years I have learned patience, tolerance, and an understanding that if the laundry isn't done everyday, and the house isn't spotless, that it is okay and that the world will not come to an end. Come everyone walk with me in this journey we call life. Allow me to learn from you and you learn from me.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    I accept you in all your incarnations: Good, bad and ugly. I know all your stories and love you anyway (or maybe because of?)
    You're doing great with Jake.
    You found yourself a great guy who puts up with you and your strengths and weaknesses.
    And you have me as a best friend. Ummm, can it get any better than that?
    The most important lesson I have learned as a "grown-up":
    Accept.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Thanks Susan!! Love ya!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home