Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Why is entertainment so expensive???

I've got something stuck in my crawl that I just have to pull out. Recently Wicked tickets went on sale here in Cincinnati. Of course they sold out in a matter of hours and I didn't get mine, but my question is why is entertainment so expensive? I was looking on e-bay and actually found tickets to one of the shows here in town, and they are $700 and climbing. AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO FINDS THIS APPALLINGLY??? We grow up in a society that pushes culture and arts and then charges us an arm and a leg for it. I had dreams of some girlfriends getting dressed up, having a nice dinner downtown, and seeing Wicked. Some dreams aren't meant to come true, unless of course one of these friends happens to be wealthy and generous. I am sad to say that although my friends are generous none are wealthy. Mental note--- get better friends, if not better friends, well at least wealthy friends. Susan, when Geoff hits the New York Times best seller list I better get Wicked tickets.
Now don't think that I am just picking on the arts, I am not singling them out. Sports and concerts fall also into this same category. It's nothing to drop $200 on a concert. I know I've seen me do it. I actually considered possibly buying Bengals tickets at $150 a pop. Don't even get me started on Notre Dame football tickets. For those, I would sell a kidney. Now I am really not a complex person, really I'm not. I just want to enjoy a football game, see my favorite artist perform, or catch a Broadway show without taking out a second mortgage on my home. IS THIS REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK!!!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've got tickets to Wicked - however, I am not one of those rich people. Seven of us are subscribers to the Broadway Series - the "cloud club" which are the cheap tickets. However, being a subscriber gives you the option to upgrade for any show, buy extra tickets before they go on sale to the public. I think we paid $115 for the series - 7 shows. However, I was not smart enough to go in and upgrade for Wicked - but I will get to see the show. I've just upgraded for Peter Pan and I was able to buy tickets for Les Miserables before they went on sale to the public. It doesn't have to be expensive - you can go the cheap way!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home