Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

That Christmas Cheer!!!

Okay all, so I know that this is the holiday season, but could someone please answer one question for me. Why do perfect strangers feel compelled to ask the dreaded holiday question of "So have you finished your Christmas shopping?" Why do people care? I came to the realization that most people ask this question as a means of small talk. That is pretty personal people!!! Working in the industry that I work in, I have heard this question at least 10 times a day. It never ceases to amaze me that people are more than willing to tell you about their family, and what yuletide crap they have spent their hard earned bucks on. Do I really need to know that you bought your 90 year old Grandma a tub seat. NO I DON'T!! I think it is wonderful that you looking out for Grandma's hip health, but I am pretty positive that Grandma does not want this broadcasted to everyone within ear shot of you. Now on to those people that have not finished that all important christmas shopping and they are asking me what to buy, or where to buy that "special gift." Look, I work in hospitality not retail. Shop at Macy's like everyone else and if you can't find anything there gift cards or cash are always nice. I don't think Christmas or Yule or whatever your holiday is, is meant to be this hard. Lighten up people!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home