Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Friday, May 26, 2006

A New Beginning

Well yesterday at work was a very interesting day. I had found out several days before that the Supervisor who works in my department has a very deep seeded hatred for me. Such a hatred that she felt it necessary to voice this not only to the rest of the department, but other departments as well. To make a long story short, I found out and the Director of Human Resources and I decided that we would speak to her about this. To make a long story short she was given the choice of either putting this nasty situation behind us, or stepping down as a supervisor. She chose option number 3 and chose to quit. Her reasoning is that I, being the horrible manager that I am, have been making her work 1 weekend day a month. How dare I expect a supervisor to pull her own weight in an industry that is 7 days a week and 24 hours a day to work not every weekend, but only 1 weekend day a month. Good riddance!! What really made my heart flutter, was that during this discussion with this employee she had stated on many occasions about how the staff felt exactly the same about me as she did. Funny, how when ever employee from my staff was told about her leaving they all had the exact same thing to say. "Thank God, I was so sick of listening to her gripe about everything." Everyone was incredible happy about her leaving. Now we can move forward without all of the negative energy. Hooray for us!! Wish us a smooth transition everyone!!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    Long live the queen of the hospitality industry...Shannon!
    That woman was just a speed bump, baby girl...Thank God no one listened to her and now you can go on your merry way and keep on keeping on.
    Jeez. Why are some people so angry???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home