Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Orientation Day

Yesterday was orientation day at Xavier. I received my ALL card, also known as my Student ID. I have my official parking pass, got my books and found my class rooms. I am all set, I think. Next is school supplies!!!! New backpack, notebooks, pens, pencils, folders, etc. etc. etc. I have been out of school for 15 years I have no idea what school supplies college students need. I can tell you what supplies a 4th grader needs, but have no idea what I need. I don't think that glue sticks and crayons apply here. Or maybe they do. I have my pre-assignment classes on Sunday. I will let everyone know how that goes. Everyone send me good learning vibes, I am sure I will need them as I dust off my brain and prepare to use it again.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    What do you need as a college student?
    A laptop.
    Get Jeff to make you one!

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I've got one. Also a PDA so I think as far as technology goes I am all set. Now I need to find my brain.

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    "Now I need to find my brain."
    Oh, I could run with that statement, but I will refrain.

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Thanks I appreciate that!!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    GO BIG BLUE!! YOu are my girl! From a Xavier Alum, you will love it and do great!! I am behind you 100%. . .need anything, just call me!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger MamaBear said…

    good luck.. :]

     
  • At 8:01 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Thanks Cheryl. So far so good. My first official class is Saturday. Not quite sure yet if I can pay attention for 4 hours at a time, but I will try.

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    Okay, where the heck's the update here? How was first class?!

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I would love to blog about my first class, but for some reason I cannot log onto my account to update anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home