Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Party's Over

Well we had my sons 9th birthday party yesterday. The kids had a great time, and I am happy that that is over for another year. They are always so much work, but this year wasn't so bad. I let my son pick out the snacks that he wanted and we made a punch, and we don't decorate so this year was pretty easy. He got a lot of nice stuff, thanks to everyone that was here. We went out today because he was just itching to spend his birthday money. Between all of his family and friends he received many gifts and $88 in cash. First he wanted to go to Petsmart and he bought Griffin a special dwarf hamster cage and a frisbee for Trinity and gave $3 to a animal shelter that allowed him to play with all the animals that they had with them. Let me tell you that I was beaming. I was so proud of him that he did this, he made the choice to spend some of his birthday money on others. THAT WAS SO SWEET. The hamster cage is very cool, there are lots of things for Griffin to do now. Next we were on to the game place. He got a Tony Hawk game and a James Bond gamecube games. He then decided to go to Toys R Us, where he got a Batman board game and another Tony Hawk gamecube game. He was quite the little shopper today and I think he got a lot of high ticket items for his money. Maybe something that I am trying to teach him is sinking in.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    You must be doing something right. That is a great kid!

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    You've been tagged...see my blog for details.

     
  • At 9:33 PM, Blogger MamaBear said…

    hey shannon, i just got your comment on my blog. it was good seeing you at the wedding. i didnt think you would knoe who i was, cuz i surely didnt remember you. :] jake has grown to be a very handsome young man? hah,

    we will deffinatly have to get together again. cuz it was fun. ryans birthday is coming up.. two more days. he cant wait, to be the big 10! well, send my love to the rest of the family. be good ;}

     

Post a Comment

<< Home