Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Yule/Merry Christmas Everyone

Well due to popular demand (actually it is just my one aunt), I have been told to update my blog. Not much has really been happening here. Working a lot, I had final exams, and getting ready for Christmas. First lets go to the disappointment that is my college career. I received my final grades, and my classes this term were very hard for me. I do not have the mind for philosophy at all. My professor Dr. Jensen asked me what I was thinking while I was reading Plato, Aristotle, and Kant. My response was that I wanted to jump into the books, hand them all a Bud Light and tell them to chill out. I did get a B as my final grade. The disappointing part. My GPA is 3.33. Not quite Dean's List. I was heartbreaking. Well next term, I hope. We did add a new family member to the household. Her name is Quinn (named after the QB of Notre Dame Brady Quinn), she is an adorable black lab puppy. It was beyond heartbreaking after Trinity left, and fate intervened. A lady at work just out of the clear blue asked me if I wanted a black lab puppy. The rest is history!! She is sleeping on me as I type.
Our Christmas morning festivities are already over. Jake got tons of stuff as usual. Dad got mostly Xavier stuff and Mom got a Trivial Pursuit 80's edition. Which by the way she skunked us in last night. My gift on the other hand was something totally unexpected. Everyone knows that I love old radios. Jeff found me a radio, CD player, and turn table (yes I said turn table). It looks like a vintage radio. I had seen one awhile back, but it was very expensive. Jeff was able to find one much cheaper. It has a great sound and we fired it up with one of my Frank Sinatra records. REAL RECORDS!!! Right now I am listening the The Beatles of course. It was by far the perfect gift for me. Well I hope that everyone has just as wonderful Christmas as I did. Now it is on to work. Everyone be safe and remember the true reason for the season!! Love you all!!

6 Comments:

  • At 1:00 AM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    I was WONDERING where you were...
    Cool! A turn table!
    And Jake made out like a bandit. All is well, then.

    Merry, merry!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shannon,
    Sounds like you all had a very nice Christmas. Thank you very much for the gift and card. Your words meant a great deal to my. They touched my heart. In few simple words you have captured the true meaning of the season.

    I Love You
    Your Brother
    Brian

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Shannon,
    Without your "nerdy" husband I would have lost Trivia! I know that in future when we play again Dad and I will make sure you and Jeff will be on different teams, because the two of you on the same team would be awesome. Dad says his brain was a bit fogged!! Thanks for the game and Larry Gatlin. Love ya, Mom

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Both of our brains were ALOT fogged. I think that gave you and Jeff the advantage. But hey I am not a sore loser.

     
  • At 9:08 AM, Blogger Pat said…

    I AM SO GLAD YOU LISTENED TO YOUR OLD AUNTIE. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT CHRISTMAS. I SURE MISSED SEEING YOU ALL. I HAVEN'T SEEN JAKE IN FOREVER.GLAD YOU LIKED YOUR PRESENT. BRIAN, HOPE YOUR CHRISTMAS WAS GOOD ALSO. SO GLAD YOU AND SHANNON KEEP IN TOUCH. I LOVE MY BRO SOOOO MUCH AS YOU ALL KNOW.. ALSO I HAVE A GREAT SIS IN LAW. MUCH LOVE AUNTIE PAT

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Pat said…

    You are getting behind again...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home