Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

A Piercing Day!!

Well today I decided to get my ears pierced. I had them pierced in the past and the last time I had earrings in was when my best friend shoved them into my ears at my first wedding, more than 10 years ago. Anyway allow me to give you a bit of background here. I am deathly afraid of needles and the idea of piercing anything on my body reminds me of needles. I decided long ago that I was going to do everything in my power to overcome this fear. Now how to achieve this goal? I can't just go around with a needle pricking myself, and I know that my Doctor, (who by the way when he has to send me to the lab for blood work, just walks in the room with the dracula nurse, since the lab is upstairs from the office, to assure that I do not escape), won't just stick me for the heck of it because he fears for his life. So I decided that piercing my ears is the first step. I decided to do this at age 30, I am now 33. Only 3 years not bad!! It wasn't too bad, but man I was scared to death!! There was a lady in line after me who had her 3 month old daughter there to have her ears pierced. I felt very much the fool, that is until the reality set in that this woman was piercing the ears of a 3 month old, then I just got mad. Either way I got through it and lived to post about it on my blog.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    Well, wonders never cease!
    Shannon is HOLEY once more!
    I'm glad, because I'm not forcing earrings into you ever again!!!!!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT!!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    This should have been a piece of cake compared to the ice cube, potato, and darning needle with dental floss! They sure look pretty in your ears. Love, Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home