Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Some Healing Energy Needed

Tonight after I got home from school I noticed that my black lab Merrick had a large mass on the back of her next. My husband and I took her to the emergency vet hospital and she has a bad infection from a fight that she got into with one of our other dogs. Her temperature is 105.2 degrees. So far for now they are keeping her overnight to put in some stints to allow drainage and giving her an IV for fluid. Everyone please send this sweet, beautiful animal all the healing energy you can muster. I will try to post an update later.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    Heal, sweet Merrick...Heal.

    I know it's tearing you up, dearest, but try not to worry. Some of my pets have had abcesses before and though they are really gross and scary, animals can rebound from them quickly.

    Tigger the First had one that almost made me have a heart attack. He walked into the kitchen with this bulging open area on his back, and I thought he had been hit by a car. The mass is just a bunch of infection inflammation and her body is trying to fight it off.

    Hang in there and keep us updated!
    Hugs

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Blogger The Swami said…

    The Swami danced around his cauldron chanting healing incantations.

    That should heal Merrick.

    By the way, do you have another dog named Monitor?

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger Shannon said…

    No Swami I do not have another dog named Monitor...but I am going to keep that name for the next one. Thanks everyone for your healing energy!!

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We have been forced to make a notation in our records that you have failed to post for over five days. Regrettably, this will be entered into your permanent file.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home