Uninteresting stuff about Shannon and Family

This is the story of several family members picked to live in a house and blog of their seemingly boring lives.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Saying Goodbye to a very good friend.....

For those of you who don't know what has been going on in my house for the past few weeks, my german shepherd Trinity (see very first post for pictures), once again attacked my Black Lab Merrick. This time my husband got in the middle and Trinity tore him up pretty bad. We made the painful decision to have her put down. Fate intervened and a the sister of a friend decided to take her. We made sure that she knew of Trinity's past behavior and asked her to sign a liability waiver. She agreed. She has a 15 acre horse farm in Corinth Kentucky. She has no children and several other dogs that were considered dangerous at one time. My husband and I took her to her new home today. This was the hardest thing I have ever done. Seeing that sweet face that we raised from 5 weeks old, just staring at me not understanding what was going on. Watching her whining as we were driving away will be a thought that haunts me for the rest of my life. Trinity wasn't just a dog to us, she is family. Everything in the house is a painful reminder of her. I hope and pray that she adjusts well and is happy. I miss her terribly, and things will never be the same without her. It never ceases to amaze me of how attached you get. For 3 years she was part of our family and in a blink of an eye she is gone. There is a void that is left that I don't think will ever be filled. Who will I play frisbee with? Who will sleep on my legs? Who will protect my family? I love you Trinity and time or distance will never change that. You will always be with us in memory and spirit. I wish for you a long, happy, and satisfying life, and some day I hope you will understand that we did what we thought was best.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Susan Gets Native said…

    Just keep thinking "It could have been Jake...it could have been Jake..."
    I really hope this person who has Trinity now knows what she is doing. You don't need another incident with the dog to mess up your mind.

     
  • At 1:22 AM, Blogger Pat said…

    Shannon update your blog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home